I have developed a significant number of dynamo scripts to help my teams with productivity and myself with data and model management. Some scripts are listed below. More information available upon request.
- Custom Clash Detection Reports from Navisworks.
- Warnings Check Report.
- CAD to Detail Lines.
- Duplicate Multiple Sheets.
- Room Data Sheets.
- Beam Whole Locations.
- Drawing Number Translator.
- Change Title Block in Multiple Sheets.
- Sheet Name to Upper Case
- Sheet Set Parameter by Package
- Viewport Switch Crop Region Visible.
- Isolate Elements At Level.
- Element Get/Set Parameter at Level.
- Populate Parameters Of Split Drawing Numbers.
- Sorting Drawings by Package from Excel.
- Re-Number Riser Rooms.
- Remove Sketch Sheets and Views.
Automation of BIM Coordination Reports Generation
I created two Dynamo scripts to automate the creation of custom BIM Coordination Reports out of Navisworks.
The first script takes information from the Saved Viewpoints and creates:
- Summary page with Resolved / Unresolved Items and their progress throughout the different federated models.
- Sorted list of Resolved / Unresolved Items with their comments.
The second script takes information from the Clash Detective and creates:
- Summary with results and charts of all clash tests showing Resolved / Unresolved Items and their progress throughout the different federated models.
- Results and charts for each clash test showing Resolved / Unresolved Items and their progress throughout the different federated models.
These summary pages were specially useful for the whole design team, from architects to project leaders and clients, to understand how the coordination is going.
Model Warnings Check Report
Based on Konrad K Sobon’s post: Digging through Revit warnings to find meaning , the idea is to score a model based on its warnings to help identify Model Health problems. I simplified and adapted Konrad´s script to get a similar output report without using Mandrill.
Dynamo Python Nodes
While working for AHMM I created the AHMM Dynamo Package with custom nodes. Some of them are coded in Python using Python Nodes. The nodes are shown below. More information of how each node is been created available upon request.